Now here’s the rest of the news:
The Two Worst Retirement Savings Traps – and How to Avoid Them.
Saving for retirement isn’t easy. To make matters worse, nearly everyone shares these two major misconceptions that make it even harder… [Read Here]
Bidenomics End Game – Insiders Struggle To Hide What’s Coming.
We regret to inform you, Janet Yellen is at it again. This time, it appears like she’s campaigning for another Biden term by highlighting what she calls… [Read Here]
January 30, 2023
For decades, many have predicted that the US dollar would decline from a global currency into a national currency. Previous countries having the world’s global reserve currency, most recently the United Kingdom, have seen such a decline.
The process is long and gradual. And cracks are starting to appear in the dominance of the US dollar. The biggest crack is that Saudi Arabia is looking at shifting from using the dollar for the global oil trade. That could prove sufficient to meaningfully reduce the dollar, although it will likely still long dominate global trade.
As the dollar shrinks in prominence, however, US investors may want to look at increasing their international holdings. That’s because the relative decline of one currency may mean the rise of others. Right now, that could include several regions and countries, such as the European Union and China.
Now here’s the rest of the news:
How (And When) Gold Could Go to $5,700/oz
MoneyWeek’s Dominic Frisby is an analyst to watch. His precious metals analyses are full of insights, and his latest observation on gold’s price is fascinating. Frisby shows off his decades of… [Read Here]
The Horrifying Consequences of America’s Debt Default
Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen tends to make a media appearance every year when the U.S. government’s spending has exceeded… [Read Here]
January 30, 2022
Most ask, “Why?” We ask, “Why not?”
January 30, 2021
5 Habits of Interesting People
What makes someone interesting?
Or – as they say in marketing lingo – a person of interest to others?
It’s a combination of factors, really… and here are five of them for your consideration:
- They are not vanilla. They’re quirky, pugnacious, determined, and they don’t give a rat’s ass what the rest of the world thinks. (They also don’t mind using terms like “rat’s ass” in an email.) Bottom line: Wolves don’t lose sleep over what sheep think of them. Think Donald Trump or Bill Clinton. How vanilla are YOU?
- They are articulate. Love ’em or hate ’em, these folks can articulate a point of view. Opinionated, loud, proud, and never dull. The sound bite “frequently wrong, never in doubt” was made for them. Think Lou Dobbs or Rachel Maddow. How quotable are YOU?
- They stand FOR certain things. And they stand AGAINST other things. They energize their followers, antagonize their foes, and polarize the rest of us in the middle. Sound bite: If you don’t risk turning SOME people off, you’ll never turn anybody on. Think Howard Stern or Wanda Sykes. What stand are YOU taking?
- They build movements larger than themselves. No matter how big, loud, rich, and famous they are – they’re building something bigger than themselves and strive to make an impact beyond themselves. Think Oprah or Bill Gates. What’s YOUR movement?
- They don’t seek media – they ARE the media. They are tastemakers, movers, shakers, interviewers, and relationship-builders. They don’t wait for the media to come knocking – they are more likely to post videos, write articles, and interview others to feed their tribe a steady diet of top-notch content. What media did you create today?
I showed this list to my friend, Jeffrey Gitomer, the King of Sales, and he added a few more:
- they are attractive – not necessarily pretty
- their words make you think
- their ideas inspire you to take new and better action
- they make you want to connect with them so that you don’t “miss” anything
- they make you happy to be in their presence (virtually or in person)
- you will travel to see them
- they inspire YOU to become more interesting
– David Newman
January 30, 2020
Harvey Mackay just released a new book titled, “You Haven’t Hit Your Peak Yet!” Take the advice of one of America’s most respected and well-connected business leadership gurus…
- Find out how adversity can be your best friend
- Stop riding a dead horse
- Discover how recognition does wonders
- Use humility in your successes to make good business partners
Told with the sort of straight-shooting humor that only Harvey Mackay can deliver, You Haven’t Hit Your Peak Yet is your personal road map for the route that can take you to the top.
Legendary college basketball coach John Wooden said, “It is quite possible that the most abused, overused, or misused word in our language is the simple word thanks. However, when sincerely used I know of no word that can more adequately express one’s feeling of appreciation than THANKS!”
“Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.” —Harvey Mackay
January 30, 2019
I’ve got the best wife in the world! BUT, I’m not here to talk about her!
I’m here to talk about money. Your Money! You see I just receive this financial newsletter subscription update today. It explains how, and I quote, “Academic study after academic study documents that buying CEFs at their IPO is a sure-lose proposition, because the CEF market price always falls to the NAV and often even drops to a discount below NAV. Yet brokers sell them anyway. A true fiduciary would never do that.” [If you didn’t fully understand all that, its okay, ’cause here’s my point!]
Fully disclaimer first … I am not legally giving advice of any sorts … as I have no license and/or financial training! [Blah Blah Blah] …now my personal rant!
Independent Investors of the World, Unite!
It’s time for every investor in America to ditch their broker and take control of their own financial destinies. Stop paying outrageous fees for conflicted advice and underperformance. Warren Buffett has repeatedly said that small, retail investors can make 50% annually if they know what they’re doing. Believe it when l say that there are honest, un-conflicted sources of information that one can use to help pick stocks that outperform the indices.
Don’t succumb to inertia. Do not fall asleep. Step up. You can manage your own portfolio. Knowledge is power, and intelligent options trading is the best road to financial independence. 🙁 😉