Rising interest rates have reduced demand for loans in everything from car payments to home mortgages to business loans. However, there’s also a crunch on the demand side of credit, as banks and other lenders have become wary about the strength of their loan portfolio.
This is leading to the rising potential for a credit crunch, where banks become totally unwilling to lend, no matter the project or interest rate. Regional banks remain under pressure, following the second and third-largest bank failures in U.S. history last month.
Investors should beware of a potential credit market lockup, which could spill over in to a big drop for the stock market. That means avoiding being overly speculative on the long side, and to look for trading opportunities betting on lower stocks in the coming months.
Now here’s the rest of the news:
One Expert Says It’s Time to “Just Accept” Permanently Higher Inflation
Americans have been plagued by white-hot inflation that erodes both our savings and our purchasing power, leaving us… [Read Here]
Biden Plays Roulette With Your Family’s Future
We’re rapidly approaching a default on the nation’s debt, but how likely is it? Today we look to history to assess potential outcomes, and how to keep our savings safe while everything else… [Read Here]
April 25, 2022
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell helped markets sink lower last week, after he strongly hinted that the Fed would raise interest rates 50 basis points in May (Fed-speak for 0.5 percent). That’s in contrast to the usual 0.25 percent moves higher seen between 2015 and 2019.
However, the markets are now starting to price in even higher moves as a result, with a full 35 percent of traders expecting a 75-point basis hike in June. If true, and if following a 50-point hike in May, interest rates could be 1.5 percent by Independence Day. Coming off of zero, it’s an extreme move higher, even if rates are still far lower than, say, during the 1990s.
But with a higher cost of capital comes a slowdown in any business that has financing requirements, and such a speedy move could lead to a mild recession by the end of the year. While it’s possible markets have one last rally higher from here, traders need to be increasingly cautious and avoid excessive leverage, especially giving rising financing costs.
Now here’s the rest of the news:
Analysis Proves Gold Is the Best-Performing Alternative Asset
What is the purpose of alternative assets? Different investors have different reasons. But diversification is usually mentioned. But let’s also remember… [Read Here]
April 25, 2021
“I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
Here’s to a better YOU … and now … Today’s DarrenDaily Recap Sunday. A collection of the weeks videos from Darren Hardy. Enjoy!
Naturally beautiful: Lots of things to do in St. John’s Newfoundland, Canada.
…on the Burin Peninsula!
April 25, 2020
5 ways to increase your energy capacity
- Living in your “gift zone.” When you spend your time doing the things that you care about most, you will find yourself fully charged with energy. What are the activities that make you say, “I was born to do this?” That’s your gift zone. Spend more time there.
- Investing in family and friends. A life of significance is not about having more money and more stuff. It’s about spending time with and creating experiences and memories with the people you care about most. Who and what interactions fill you with energy?
- Adding value to others. Helping others is a huge energy booster. When we serve others by providing something that makes their day a little better, we enter what Ed Bastian calls the “virtuous circle”— we not only draw energy from having done something good for someone else, we also get an energy boost from their response. As Zig Ziglar said, “You can get everything in life that you want if you just help enough people to get what they want.” How can you add value to others?
- Investing in your physical health. There’s no question , taking care of yourself — nourishing your body with clean, whole foods, exercising regularly, and getting plenty of quality sleep — is essential to optimizing your physical energy capacity. And let’s face it, you can’t live up to your maximum potential if your health is a-wreck — or you’re dead. What can you do to improve your physical health?
- Making room for God. Once we realized that we’re human, we’re flawed, and our capacity for energy and strength are limited, we developed a desperate daily dependence on God. Seeking Him and giving Him room to work in our lives energizes us in ways we can’t begin to describe. How can you better connect spiritually to tap into supernatural energy?
When we focus on increasing our energy capacity, we discover we can do more — even when our time is short.
Make Every Second Count!
April 25, 2019
“Before you point out a glitch, brainstorm a fix.”
I’m sure “we” all know what this phrase REALLY means … don’t we!
Today I start another one of my 14_Day Challenges … beginning with “Rule #2 — You Must Get Face-To-Face With A Steady Stream Of Qualified Prospects. Once You Have Developed This Ability. There Is Nothing That Can Stop You From Being Successful!” 🙂
I know what YOU WERE thinking … $9s#^!*F3*^ … my thoughts were completely different …
I WAS THINKING HOW THIS IMAGE WOULD LIFT ONE’S SPIRITS