Good morning. With oil prices topping $90, traders are starting to bet on the potential for a run to $100, if only on momentum and today’s diminishing supplies. While another 10 percent higher may not seem like much, it could have a huge impact across the economy.
That’s because every extra dollar spent to fill up a gas tank or pay an energy bill isn’t being spent elsewhere. That’s less money for most consumers to spend on clothes, vacations, or other forms of discretionary spending. While that trend has held up well this year, that too may change in the coming months.
Investors should look for higher oil prices as a potential cap on the market’s returns if oil spikes high enough. And traders should look to stay long oil for now with the momentum behind it.
Now here’s the rest of the news:
5 Ways the Fed Just Made Americans Poorer
The FOMC’s September meeting resulted in no further interest rate hikes. Inflation is still well over the Fed’s target – which means American households will continue paying the price. Here’s how much it’s costing you… [Read Here]
You Won’t Believe Paul Krugman’s Latest Inflation Metric
Paul Krugman might be the most well-known economist in the U.S. He’s often heralded by corporate media talking heads as one of the best and… [Read Here]
September 26, 2022
Most stock analysis starts with the price to earnings ratio. Over the past year, prices have fallen, but earnings have held up well, even with high inflation and slowing growth. But now earnings are starting to slow, and so are earnings targets.
Goldman Sachs (GS) just slashed its price target for the S&P 500 on the back of slowing earnings, and has added to the view that the market is in for a hard landing.
That just reiterates the view that we’ve been making that stocks can continue to decline from here, even with a few big rally days in between. That makes it a rich trading environment, and investors with a long-term view picking up dividend stocks can fare well in time as well.
Now here’s the rest of the news:
How to Fight Inflation Like a Wall Street Pro
What do investment bankers have to say about inflation these days? For starters, they agree that central bank efforts to curb inflation are mostly proving fruitless. Interest rates are going… [Read Here]
September 26, 2021
Here’s to a better YOU … and now … Today’s DarrenDaily Recap Sunday. A collection of the weeks videos from Darren Hardy. Enjoy!
Describing its beauty!!! Small fishing boats beached for the winter at frozen North Atlantic Ocean bay, Newfoundland, Canada.
…cold but very beautiful!
September 26, 2020
Today I’ll begin with a simple quote from Sheri Riley:
“Never let the drive for what you want to accomplish rob you of the joy of what you’ve already achieved.”
- Take Caryl to the hairdresser for a “consultation.” Hairdresser access has been difficult or non-existent due to COVID-19 and with Caryl working-from-home, “not as important.”
- My mom wants to remove the leaves from her backyard. Not a lot-of-leaves have fallen, but enough to justify going over and “blowing them out-of-the-way!” My sister Donna will be there too, to remove a few branches overhanging the fence in-the-backyard that are-of-worry. I’ll give her a hand with the cutting-off of the thicker branches…
- Back home, want to read a few more “printed emails” to decide whether they will; either meet their final resting, or be eternally mummified in one-of-my blog posts.
- Will slip out-of-the-house to check LottoTickets & buy a few more, get some gas for the “Caddy” and, withdraw a-bit-of-cash from the bank machine to-pay-some-bills…
- To end the day, I’ll watch a bit of T.V with Caryl before closing-out-the day!!!
- And as always, I’ll fall asleep with thoughts of Newfoundland “dancing-in-my-head” … Good Night!
September 26, 2019
If you haven’t figured it out by now, Darren Hardy is a Special Mentor of mine. Here he is again … this time speaking on the topic:
How To Bring Out The best In People
Wasn’t that great? 😉